Thursday, May 1, 2008

art with a capital A

I went to the opening of the 2008 Senior Art Show at Rollins College on Thursday, held at the Cornell Fine Arts Museum (located on the Rollins campus). While I was going only expecting to see the art from the very talented seniors, I ended up stumbling across another exhibit – Painting for Joy: New Japanese Painting in the 1990s which had some very interesting pieces expressing the progressive art of Japan.

The senior art show entitled, art with a capital A showed the unique style of 11 different seniors.

If you have a chance I would suggest stopping by, if not to see the two exhibits from above, but just to see the beauty of the Cornell Fine Arts Museum. The shows run until May 12th.


Photobucket

1 comment:

LDubs said...

I highly recommend the Cornell Fine Art Museum at Rollins College. Their collections are usually very interesting. For those who are interested in learning more about art or just adding some culture I think it's a great option. Plus there is no charge to enter the museum.